Mission Statement: The goal of this program is to present art
exhibits that promote local artists
and imported artists of all ages, cultural backgrounds and all arts media by displaying their works
in a prominent public place, in order to enhance the arts awareness of the community.
DNACA's regularly rotating Art in Public Places shows are on display at the Del Norte County Courthouse.
For current exhibits and future dates, see the Community Arts Calendar.
Community-owned galleries and exhibit spaces:
- Del Norte County Courthouse: DNACA's Art in Public Places program utilizes this space for most exhibits. See Community Arts Calendar or call DNACA about the current exhibit. 450 H Street* (707) 464-1336
- Bay Studios: stained glass, ceramics, and more on display. 1030 Sunset Circle (707) 464-9324
- Crescent Harbor Gallery: home
of the Coast Redwood Art Association, this north coast gallery features monthly exhibits by the "artist of the month" and other gallery members. 140 Marine Way (707) 464-9133
- College of the Redwoods, Del Norte: the main corridor of Crescent City's community college often features rotating art shows by local artists and students of the arts. 883 W. Washington Blvd. (707) 465-2300
- Talking Crow Studio: this unique artists' studio/gallery features access to a full pottery studio, and displays the work of artist/owner Rika Blue and many other local and regional artisans. 170 Marine Way (707) 218-5121
Publicly-accessible works of art:
- "Unknown" - a bronze sculpture by Bruno Groth, commemorating the lives lost in the 1964 tsunami, is located in
Tsunami Landing (adjacent to the Del Norte County Public Library
at 190 Price Mall)
- "Life Cycles of the Salmon" - ceramic
wall mural at the entrance to Rural Human Services building,
286 M St.
- "Sea Life" - ceramic wall mural in the Fred Endert Municipal Swimming Pool, 1000 Play St.
- For a more complete list of murals visible in Del Norte County, both ceramic and paint-based, refer to the Redwoods Mural Society homepage or their mashup map of murals.